Women in Secularism III
May 16–18, 2014
We Can Do It!
Six Reasons Students Should Attend Women in Secularism III
1. Student registration is only $35 until March 14! After that, it goes up to $50. (Students must provide a valid ID at check-in.)
2. The powerful roster of speakers includes Barbara Ehrenreich (author of Nickel and Dimed), Rebecca Goldstein (philosopher and novelist), Susan Jacoby (author of The Age of American Unreason), Katha Pollitt (feminist poet and essayist), Taslima Nasreen (Bengali author living in exile), and Lindy West (writer at Jezebel.com).
3. The conference takes place just 8 miles outside Washington, DC at the Westin Alexandria—a 2-minute walk from the Eisenhower Metro Station that will take you right into the nation's capital.
4. Conference rooms are just $104/night until April 21st. And we can help you find a roommate! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Road trips are fun and promote group bonding, and you can bring multiple members of your group. Just ask the UNI Freethinkers & Inquirers, who have road tripped all the way from Iowa to DC for every WiS conference so far! (Again, if you need help finding someone to carpool with, contact email@example.com and we can help set that up.)
6. Network with speakers and attendees. Build new relationships. Challenge your thinking. Learn about secularism, feminism, international women's rights, intersectionality, and more. (Okay, so that was more than one reason, but you get the idea. So register already!)
Harrison Hopkins (CFI On Campus 2013 summer intern) and Kelley Freeman at Women in Secularism 2. (Photo used with permission from Monica Harmsen.)
About CFI On Campus
Center for Inquiry On Campus promotes and defends science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values in high schools and on college campuses throughout North America and around the world.
Students are doing amazing things to advance science, reason, and secular values. If you have the means to help us support them, please contact Debbie Goddard by email or at (716) 636-4869 ext. 421.