Center For Inquiry/Chicago is pleased to present its
first Annual Spring Conference!
Bunkum grows like a weed in American culture – whether it's climate change denial, conspiracy theories, or healing by prayer. Some ideas are not only nonsense, they are dangerous nonsense, with serious implications for our lives. In this age where misinformation can be spread more easily than ever before, understanding the role of the scientific process in human affairs is critical to our survival. This conference will present top scientists in biology, physiology and physics, each of them gifted at explaining both the science and its impostors of their respective fields. Join us and gain valuable insight into exploring the world through science and reason.
- Dr. Massimo Pigliucci, professor of evolution and ecology, contributing writer for Skeptical Inquirer
- Dr. Veronica Drantz, professor of physiology
- Dr. Michael Albrow, physicist at FermiLab
- Dr. Ron Pine, explorer, retired biology professor, and debunker of “Intelligent Design”
- Dr. Dario Maestripieri, professor of evolutionary biology
- The Mentalist 'Mystopher' and Carolee, “Serving Fork-Fulls of Magic and Imagination”
Included in conference registration:
- Morning and afternoon coffee and pastries
- Live magic show entertainment
- Book sales and displays
- Book signings by the authors
- Panel discussion with our presenters
- Plenty of Q & A time
More information can be found at the
Center for Inquiry Chicago website, here.
We're sorry, the deadline for registering for this event has passed.